UPDATE: 04/30/14 @ 01:00PM:
- Fire has grown to 800 acres.
- Mandatory evacuation order issued for at least 1,000 homes.
- Evacuation center has been set up at Central Park on Baseline Rd and Milliken Ave in Rancho Cucamonga
- You can take animals to Devore Animal Shelter. 19777 Shelter Way.
- School Evacuations: John L. Golden Elementary, Day Creek Intermediate and Los Osos High School.
- Chaffey College Rancho Cucamonga has cancelled all activies, classes and events for the day.
- Log on to http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=weather/wildfire_center&id=9522087 for more details.
According to ABC7.com, a fast moving brush fire erupted in Day Canyon north of Rancho Cucamonga just after 8am this morning due to hot and windy conditions!
The fire started north of the 210 Freeway and north of Etiwanda. Initial reports state that the fire was 20 acres at the time but has scorched about 200 acres within two hours.
Water dropping aircrafts are unable to assist due to the high winds and gusts that have reached 70 miles per hour!
Their is currently a mandatory evacuation that has been issued for residents from east of Day Creek wash, west of Etiwanda and north of Wilson Ave.
Log on to http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/ for the latest on the fire.
Etiwanda fire: Chaffey College is still open. This is what it you see looking east. pic.twitter.com/QmPWMBYafj— Rob McMillan (@ABC7RobMcMillan) April 30, 2014