Being an American is a great thing and celebrating the Fourth of July is an American tradition that we all know and love.
But if you ever wanted to be "that guy" then here a few inconvienent truths that will ruin anyone's Independence Day...
- "America's pastime," baseball, was probably invented in England.
- So was apple pie.
- The tune of America's national anthem was based on a British drinking song.
- The Pledge of Allegiance was basically a gimmick to sell more flags.
- Canadians own the Mall of America.
- Bald eagles screeches are actually pretty week (meanwhile, hawks rock).
- Settlers didn't tame the American frontier; it was already pretty tame.
- Instead of hot dogs, Lewis and Clark ate 200 actual dogs on their journey across America.
- LBJ was notorious for whipping his penis out at extremely inappropriate moments.
- Independence Day is actually on July 2.
For more details on each truth click here!
Source: Huffington Post
Photo Credit: MorgueFile