Perhaps the only good thing to come out of Kanye West's visit to TMZ on Tuesday is Twitter's latest hilarious hashtag, "#IfSlaveryWasAChoice." The hashtag came about after Kanye declared, "When you hear about slavery for 400 years...for 400 years? That sounds like a choice." Here's how Twitter is epically trolling Kanye for the remark (check the links for more):
- "'Okay, it says here on Careerbuilder that Massa Thomas got better slavecare' #IfSlaveryWasAChoice"
- "#IfSlaveryWasAChoice Calling your massa to say you can’t come in the plantation to pick cotton today because you’re sick."
- "Me in Massa's kitchen, raiding the fridge to find ingredients for the field cookout. #IfSlaveryWasAChoice"
- "#IfSlaveryWasAChoice all the colonizer children would be on their own for breakfast while I sleep in."
- "'Slavery was a choice.' Cut to: Kanye rips off his mask a la Mission: Impossible to reveal he’s really been Ben Carson the whole time."
- "You mean to tell me all negroes had to do was opt out of slavery??"
- "Y’all make it sound like it was the same set of enslaved people that lived for 400 years and just didn’t bother to get free. Like a bunch of vampire n**gas were out in the fields."
- "Kanye really think n**gas was sitting around like, 'Aye, you going to Slavery tonight?'"
- "He said slavery was a choice y’all. Slave and choice are literally opposite words. I'M ALL THE WAY OVER KANYE."