This week, an old high school photo of Oakland Raisers tough guy Marshawn Lynch revealed that the NFL running back was more geek than gangster. As expected, the Twitterverse had a lot to say about the image--which shows Beast Mode with a neat and trim haircut, and wearing a collared shirt and glasses. Here are some of the internet’s best jokes:
- NFL Marshawn: “Run through a muhf**ka’s face.” High School Marshawn: “The probability of that happening is extremely low when you calculate the force required to actually run through a gentleman’s countenance.”
- Real life vs. LinkedIn.
- Marshawn Lynch looked like a whole insurance agent in high school.
- Please make high school Marshawn Lynch a meme.
- Not sure I will ever look at Marshawn Lynch the same way ever again.
- This looks like Laura from Family Matters put Marshall Lunch in the transformation chamber back in the Oakland Tech days and he came out as Marshawn Lynch.
- From helping with your Algebra homework to decapitating you on touchdown runs: Marshawn Lynch stole week 1 of the NFL season with his high school photo.
- The evolution of Marshawn Lynch: From "Hey find me in April for help with those taxes" to "I will literally decapitate you on this touchdown run."
- Marshawn Lynch: “I’m just here so I won't get fined." 15 years earlier...Receives award for perfect attendance.