Viewers of the College Football Playoff National Championship between Clemson and Alabama on Monday night were less than impressed with the event's halftime show, which headlined by Imagine Dragons and Lil Wayne. While there were a variety of reactions to Imagine Dragons' off-key delivery and Wayne’s multicolored fur jacket, here are some of the harshest:
- Imagine "hitting the notes" Dragons.
- Lil Wayne out here looking like #DrTeeth.
- Imagine Dragons with the only performance worse than Bama's defense so far tonight.
- Imagine Dragons is millennial Nickelback.
- Who in God's name paired Lil Wayne with Imagine Dragons?
- Imagine Dragons are good. Lil Wayne has not been good. I will not tolerate the Imagine Dragons slander. They have sounded fine.
- This halftime show is horrendous. Imagine Dragons off key, Lil Wayne wearing his grandma's clothes like Drew Barrymore in ET.
- Imagine Dragons is like if Coldplay fell into a giant vat of Axe Body Spray.
- My takeaways: Imagine Dragons is awful live and Lil Wayne has done a lot of drugs.
- I don’t want to overreact, but Imagine Dragons should be in prison.
What did YOU think of their performance?