Oprah didn't shy away from asking the hard questions and Megan and Harry didn't hold back with their answers!
If you missed, what may well be, the interview of the year, then here are the bombshells you missed:
- Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, gave revelations of discrimination and mental anguish while members of the Royal Family during their interview with Oprah Winfrey on Sunday night.
- The couple also announced that their second child would be a girl.
- About their son, Archie, Meghan said that while she was pregnant with him, there were royal family discussions about "how dark" his skin would be.
- Meghan said, "in the months when I was pregnant… we have in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title, and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born."
- Winfrey was shocked, chiming in, "What? Who is having that conversation with you? What?" Meghan would not tell Oprah who inside the family had the conversation because "it would be very damaging to them."
- The discussions were told to her from Harry as Meghan continued, "It was really hard to see those as compartmentalized conversations."
- Meghan said, "The idea of the first member of color in this family not being titled" was something that pained her.
- Meghan also revealed that she had "methodical" thoughts about committing suicide while in the royal family. She said, "That was a very clear and real and frightening thought. I couldn't be left alone."
- She went to senior members of the "Institution" or senior-level royal family officials for help, and her requests were shunned because the optics of the Duchess seeking mental health were not good.
- Meghan felt trapped because upon marrying Harry, her passport, license, and credit cards were taken and not made available to her.
- Speaking of trapped, Prince Harry feels that his father, Prince Charles, and brother, Prince William, are being held captive.
- Harry said, "My father and my brother, they are trapped. They don't get to leave. And I have compassion for that."
- Harry went on to say that he saw correlations with his wife and his late mother, Diana. Harry explained, "I saw history repeating itself." Racial tensions and social media made those concerns even bigger.
- Harry reached out to the family for help and considered leaving royal family duties when he didn't get any assistance. Harry told Oprah that even his own father stopped answering his calls.
- The Queen was kept in the loop about Harry and Meghan's departure from royal duties. Harry said, "I never blindsided my grandmother. I have too much respect for her."
- It was also revealed that Harry and Meghan were married 3 days before their royal wedding. Meghan said, "This spectacle is for the world, but we want our union for us."
- The ceremony was just between them and the Archbishop of Canterbury. The wedding certificate hanging in their home has the date of their private ceremony.