A SoCalGas worker died and 15 people were hurt after a home in Murrieta exploded due to a gas leak. The gas leak was caused by a private solar contractor who did not call to check for gas lines before digging around the home.
Firefighters responded to a report of a gas line rupture in the 23500 block of Wooden Horse Trail Monday. SoCalGas was called once the gas line leak was discovered.The explosion killed the technician, 31-year-old Wade Kilpatrick, who had been with Southern California Gas Company for 11 years.
More on this developing story: