Free tuition sounds like a scam, but here in the IE it's NOT! Another college has joined the list of schools offering new students the opportunity to attend without the worry of tuition for the first two semesters!
Mt. San Jacinto College has become the last community college in western Riverside County to announce a “college promise” initiative. Norco College did so earlier this year, and Riverside City and Moreno Valley colleges already had them. Like the one in Norco, MSJC enrollees are only eligible if they participate in a first-year orientation program.
According to the MSJC Promise page on their website, to be eligible for the MSJC Promise, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must apply for admission atmsjc.edu/apply
- Must join the First-Year Experience program
- Must be a California resident or exempt group
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a first-time student (no transfer units)
- Must apply for FAFSA or California Dream Act Application
- Must be enrolled in and complete at least 12 units per term in the Fall and Spring semesters
- Must take English and Math in the first year
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA while at MSJC