There comes a time in everyone’s life when they need a fresh start that can only come from decluttering. And when you’re an adult over 30 and you go through this clearing process, there are a few things you should no longer have in your home, like these.
- Cheap, wire clothes hangers - When you start buying quality clothing over fast fashion you’ll only wear once, you’ll want to invest in quality plastic, metal, or wooden hangers and ditch the thin wire ones.
- A collection of shot glasses - You probably don’t need half a dozen shot glasses in your cabinet anymore, so keep a couple and let the rest go.
- College textbooks - There’s nothing wrong with keeping a few books, especially if you’re working in the field you studied, but do you really think you’ll crack open your Biology book from freshman year?
- Clothes that don’t fit - Go ahead and get rid of any clothes that have holes, stains, and so much wear and tear that you can’t wear them anymore while you’re at it.
- Old, unused bedding - Still have those extra long twin sheets from your dorm room days? Time to donate them if they’re still in good shape.
See the full list at Apartment Therapy.