It’s no secret there are some foods that bring you back to childhood. Not only do these foods taste great, they can bring comfort to a lot of folks, and apparently with the world being so stressful these days, a lot of people have sought out that caloric comfort.
A new survey finds:
- Being stuck at home during the pandemic has resulted in lots of folks eating like they were a kid again.
- Two in three Americans admit they’ve turned to childhood comfort favorites to help them get through lockdown.
- The most devoured comfort foods of 2020 include:
- Pizza (55%)
- Hamburgers (48%)
- Ice cream (46%)
- French fries (45%)
- Mac & cheese (39%)
- Potato Chips (39%)
- Cookies (38%)
- Chocolate (37%)
- Cereal (34%)
- Fried Chicken (34%)
- Spaghetti & Meatballs (32%)
- Mashed Potatoes (32%)
- Bread (31%)
- Hotdogs (31%)
- Pancakes (30%)
- The average American admits they turned to comfort snacking six times a week while stuck at home.
- Because of this, 85% of people gained some weight, with the average person gaining about six pounds.
And even though comfort foods may not be good for their waist, a lot of people aren’t willing to part with them.
- In fact, 67% would rather give up alcohol than their favorite comfort dish.
- Another 67% would rather give up social media than be without their favorite comfort dish for a year.
Source: SWNS Digital