Labor Day weekend is a longer time to spend with ourselves, family, and friends, but our typical weekends only last 48 hours. It usually feels like not enough time.
HuffPost talked to experts about making the most of your weekends to make them feel longer:
- Plan out what you want to do - We usually have Sunday regret because we didn't accomplish things. Schedule the things you want to get done and stick to them.
- Put down the phone and turn off the television - While IG scrolling and binge-watching can be good sometimes, don't do it every weekend. Find a hobby that will exercise your mind and body.
- Do different things - Find activities different from your day-to-day work routine. If you work with numbers, keep the digits out of your weekend.
- Put work away - Don't check work e-mails. Don't take work calls. Don't work, period.
- Balance rest and revelry - Make sure you have a fair exchange between relaxation and living it up.
- Stay in the moment - Being able to recognize that you are resting or taking part in a great activity helps it linger longer. Don't think about all the things you need to do next week; enjoy what you are doing this weekend!
Happy Labor Day weekend!