Looking for ghosts this Halloween? Visit one of these five US towns, which 'Best Life' says are the most haunted in the country.
- St. Augustine, Florida has the city's Lighthouse Ghost Tour, which takes you to the lighthouse allegedly haunted by three young girls who died in a fire. The ghost the Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon is rumored to still be searching for the city's fountain of youth, too.
- Gettysburg, Pennsylvania is allegedly filled with ghosts of soldiers who fought the bloodiest battle of the Civil War.
- Bodie California was a boomtown thanks to the Gold Rush. Now it's not only haunted with ghost sightings and music playing in abandoned bars. it's also allegedly cursed anyone who takes so much as a rock from the town.
- Bangor, Maine has served as the inspiration for cities in horror author Stephen King's 'Carrie', 'The Shining' and 'It'. Take a tour based on the writer's stories, but we suggested staying away from the rain gutters.
- Sleepy Hollow, New York, the town which Washington Irving's 1820 short story 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' is based, has cemeteries haunted by its famous residents, like Andrew Carnegie, William Rockefeller, Walter Chrysler... and of course, the Headless Horseman.
To see five more most haunted US cities, visit BestLifeOnline.com!