Jay Leno could have died in the fire that erupted in his Burbank garage on Saturday and it was his friend who may have saved his life. Jay spoke to TMZ from his hospital bed and said he was working on his 1907 White Steam Car in his garage fixing a clogged fuel line. There was a fuel leak and gasoline sprayed on his face and hands. Almost simultaneously a spark triggered an explosion, setting the comedian on fire.
His friend Dave was right there and jumped on him, quickly smothering the flames. He was rushed to a nearby burn center by ambulance. He's expected to be hospitalized for somewhere between 5 and 10 days.
Jay has canceled various engagements for the next 2 weeks.