A 13-year-old in Ohio has died after overdosing on Benadryl as part of a viral TokTok challenge. Jacob Stevens swallowed the antihistamine allergy pills at home with friends when he overdosed. His friends filmed him attempting the social media challenge when all of a sudden, his body started seizing.
The "Benadryl Challenge" trend sees teens swallow up to 14 pills in order to induce hallucinations and then post videos of their experience on social media. Jacob was rushed to the hospital as his body began to shut down, and his family decided to take him off of life-support six days later after his brain functions ceased.
The family is now dedicated to warning parents and teens of the dangers of social media and released a picture of Jacob hooked up to life support in the hospital to spread awareness.
Jacob was remembered as a fun-loving and caring kid who could brighten anybody's day. [Read More]